Monday, 2 November 2015

Lavernock & Cosmeston

At Lavernock reserve there were many Fieldfare and Redwing going over and in the trees, and I met Graham Smith who had counted something like 1000 Chaffinch going over, together with Brambling. I heard a few Brambling calling and there were a number of Goldcrest about. In Rowlands Well fields there was a flock of 1500-2000 Linnet and the far hedgerow there had many Chaffinch dropping down to feed, and I did manage to see a few Brambling. Lol Middleton had a single Swallow at Lavernock Point, plus Peregrine, Kestrel, Sprawk and both winter thrushes, and a possible Wood Lark. As Lol & I left a Merlin shot through along the cliff line. There were up to 6 Goldcrest around the Church area. Graham Smith also had a pair of Goosander fly over the reserve, and a flock of Golden Plover.

At Cosmeston there were 4 Pochard on W lake and 2 Little Grebe were out in the open. Plenty of Redwing a Fieldfare there too, and I flushed a Jack Snipe as I walked past the ‘snipe paddock’.

No comments: